We are looking for a few freelance writers to contribute high-quality articles for our client’s blogs and websites. This is a contractor position, ideal for those who are looking for a flexible opportunity to work around their schedule while building their portfolio. You’ll have the opportunity to write for a variety of industries and learn how we optimize content to be found and read for specific audiences. It’s great experience for anyone looking to either build their resume or build a freelance writing career.
We are looking to hire 4 individuals who check these boxes:
- MUST be able to hit deadlines consistently and communicate early if issues arise
- Ability to write cohesive, well structured editorial content in a casual blog style
- Knowledge and adherence to AP style
- Availability to write at least 2 articles per week (4-6 hours per week)
- Can live anywhere in the U.S. as long as they have internet!
Interested? Here’s what to expect:
For our articles, we like to structure them like this:
- Headline: Make it catchy; something that would make you click if you were browsing a site
- Strong intro and conclusion: Think about using an anecdote or some date to frame up the topic. Always end with a call-to-action in the conclusion works well
- Subheadings with supporting information: Each subheading should have no more than 3-5 paragraphs under it. Try to keep paragraphs fairly short, as this does better with web writing
- Write with the client’s voice and tone in mind: Should be written from the point of view of the client as it is his/her byline that will appear
- Make it valuable, not sales-y: We specialize in editorial (not advertorial) articles so be thoughtful with promotional mentions or examples. Articles should be educational and interesting, not sales-y
- We normally give all writers a 4 to 5-day deadline from the date this assignment goes out. We use a platform called Zerys to pass content back and forth between our writers and editors. This is where you will get content assignments as well.
Our goal is to make writing these articles as easy for you as possible. Each content assignment you will receive will include all the information you would normally receive to complete an assignment. This includes…
- Description/summary of what the article should cover
- Goal of the article
- Client tone and style guidelines
- Info on the target audience of the article
- Mandatory publication guidelines to follow in constructing the piece
- Research and any pertinent information you’ll need to write the article
We typically pay $60 per 800-1200 word article to start, with opportunities to write larger pieces for up to $500 dollars.
If you’re interested…
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and writing samples. We are looking to get someone started as soon as possible.
We are an inbound marketing company and HubSpot Silver Agency Partner located in San Diego, CA. We combine the disciplines of content writing, SEO, social media, email marketing, and website development to create powerful marketing campaigns that deliver qualified leads to our clients.
We are a team of passionate practitioners, who are always hungry to learn. We work hard, have fun and are always down to try something new. We value life’s experiences and place great importance on work-life balance. We value teamwork and problem-solving.